Erase config to defaults

I’m having some config issues which are disallowing access both internally and externally to apps after reinstalling them and reactivating the device multiple times. I have the device setup to use UPnP on my Pfsense gateway, which works beautifully, by the way. The port forwards do get applied when I save the config, but nothing ever comes through.

When I check the inbound syslogs on the firewall I see no denies on port 10000 or 10001, but the page just times out. However, when I turn off UPnP in the Syncloud device, reactivate the device, clear the port configs on the gateway, reinstall the apps, and restart the device isn’t really a clear device.

I know this because I turn off UPnP, set the device to custom domain, and install an app. When I try to open it, it still attempts to go to app.device.com:10001. This indicates a residual configuration from the UPnP which needs to be purged.

Where do I find this config? Please feel free to be as technical as you wish. I’m a Systems Engineer. I just need to know the location of the config file(s) so I can reset this device.

Honestly, it may be easier to reimage the eMMC at this point, but for posterity’s sake, it would be nice to have an answer to this question.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

There are few places we store port info:

1. On device (/var/snap/platform/common/ports.json). Only used when external access enabled. In UPnP mode we should try to maintain these ports.
    Reactivation of the device disables external access so this file may stay there but is not used.
  2. On our DNS server (syncloud.it) to show links on your account page.

I would like to inderstand what exactly is the problem.

When you say:

When I try to open it, it still attempts to go to app.device.com: 10001

Are you using syncloud.it page to get this link?

This link should (in theory) go back to internal mode if you reactivate (reset ports to internal 443 port and dns to local IP). If it does not change it on reactivation, try opening access page and save the desired mode.

Also if you do not see any hits on your external port that usually means dns is wrong.

We have some info here:

The main check is to get IP of your dns name (dig, nslookup) and try to connect to it with from inside and outside with corresponding port.