Unable to verify open ports, unable to validate external port

I upgraded to the premium with my own domain and activated it, following all the steps mentioned on Syncloud account page. However, I notice that the device now shows red on the devices page instead of green. I am unable to enable external access on the syncloud device and get the following error

Unable to verify open ports, unable to validate external port: (“bad handshake: Error([(‘SSL routines’, ‘tls_process_server_certificate’, ‘certificate verify failed’)])”,)

Can you help me?

Hello Casey,

For external access you need to have open ports (443/80) on your router, do you have that?

Thank you very much for using our premium service!

I have both 80 and 443 open on my router. I think the issue is that I was using the free service before and it had a cert for that and now it needs to be updated to my domain for the premium service and I don’t know how to do that on my syncloud device.

So, my certs are a huge mess, but looks like I can’t get any help with unless I fix the certs. So, about ready to give up on this unless I can get some help. I would like to use the premium service, but when I activate with my own domain, the certs on the server are still for the free service I was using with the syncloud.it ending on it. I am terrible with certs. Don’t understand them at all. So, I desperately need some help or I’m quitting syncloud. Just not worth all the frustration.

Hi, Boris,

This doesn’t work for me. I have both 80 and 443 open on my router for this. When I try to enable external access, I get a cert error. When I try to install updates, I get a cert error. When I try to send logs to support, I get a cert error. Looks like all the certs are for my previous setup using the free service with syncloud, my domain name with syncloud being stevensfamily.syncloud.com. I wanted to switch to premium service and I did switch it using my new domain stevensfamily.cloud, but then the certs are all messed up and I don’t know how to fix them. Please help. If I can’t get this fixed soon, I may need to cancel syncloud. I repeatedly get this error: Unable to verify open ports, unable to validate external port: (“bad handshake: Error([(‘SSL routines’, ‘tls_process_server_certificate’, ‘certificate verify failed’)])”,) and I don’t know how to fix it.

Thank you,

Casey Stevens

Hi,

Looks like Syncloud was affected by this DST Root CA X3 Expiration (September 2021) - Let's Encrypt

I have just pushed a fix, could you upgrade system from Settings - Updates?

If you cannot activate could you run this command uaing ssh:

snap refresh platform

How to access device using ssh: SSH · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub

Thank you, Boris. I updated it with the SSH command (updates broken on the web page) you gave me and rebooted the server. What happens next?

Casey Stevens

Hi, Boris,

Would it also be possible to change my name servers to the following instead of what is currently assigned to me?

First of all, can you now enable external access?

Nameservers are not possible to change they are holding your domain dns zone and properly distributed around the world. We are getting them from amazon web services per subscription.

Hi, Boris,

The patch you had me install fixed the external access problem. I am able to enable external access now.

Thank you!