Possible New App - kavita

I don’t know if this is the right place to put this, but I’d like to propose a new app to add to syncloud app center.

Its kinda like Plex for Comicbooks, Mangas and ebooks. Looks like its opensource and I for one would love to set something like this up!

4 Likes

Please create a request at Issues · syncloud/platform · GitHub
There are few options:

1. You can try creating a Syncloud package: App porting guide · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub
  2. Help us to do it: Premium · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub
1 Like

We have calibre web now: GitHub - janeczku/calibre-web: 📚 Web app for browsing, reading and downloading eBooks stored in a Calibre database

It seems more popular, do you still want Kavita?

I would much like Kavita; calibre web is difficult to work with IMO and kavita is more suited to my use (I love to read manga plus I already use Tachiyomi on my phone which can use kavita as a server via an addon). Unfortunately I don’t have the knowledge to port it myself.

Right, there seems to be a competition between the two.

Unfortunately it is not high priority on my list as it will be a second of its kind (calibre web). I am trying to go through the missing features list first (I am packaging Frigate camera surveillance app right now).

Ideally I would hire people to add more apps but at this point it is just enough to pay the running bill of the cloud part and I still need to go to my day job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Understandable! I would help if I could, but as I said in another post, I’m very new to linux so the app porting guide goes over my head haha. I’m planning to get a book that should help me learn more important Linux things.

I hope you don’t mind me asking, but there’s no documentation for Calibre-Web on the Syncloud wiki, and I can’t figure out how to set it up. If you could document how to do so or send some reading that would help, I would greatly appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Usually you install app and open it from the device web.
Just try it and le me know here about specific problems. One thread one question :slight_smile:

1 Like