Complete reinstall

I was wondering if anyone had any guidance on doing a complete re install of Syncloud and Nextcloud on a device that has been previously registered ? I see in the wiki the boot from sata section & tried it on a new sd card that I flashed but the device wasn’t showing up on the network.
I tired to locate it with the ios app but kept getting the notification that " you are not connected to wifi network. Discovery is possible only in the same network as the device is connected" weird bc i turned off cellular data & only connected to the wifi

This is why im at this point : I was doing an update to Nextcloud (to 21) on my odriod hc1 through the web interface (example.syncloud.it). Update worked. Also updated the device through the web interface.

Later I was prompted to sign into my nextcloud account on all devices (desktop client) it wasn’t letting me log in. It kept saying wrong password. Which is weird because I use a password manager & don’t type out the password. I also know it wasn’t an issue with the password because the other week (while on NC v19) I signed in on some new devices I bought. Asking to send the reset password never sent the link to the registered email account. Im locked out of my nextcloud, through devices & web

I ended up trying to tinker and install NC v19 to the device through ssh, but only made things worse.
Hence the fresh install / starting from scratch. Could it be faster to reset it all up as if a new device then trouble shoot? I was only really using the Hc1 for the nextcloud, & kept back ups of the files (things i kept on the nextcloud acct) on a usb stick.

Im trying not to have conflicting devices / credentials

• If i was to go for a fresh install should I deactivate the device from the syncloud.it site first ?

I was looking to format the ssd, reinstall Debian buster, get a new domain for nextcloud and start fresh. This could be accomplished through the uart cable right?

I have a basic understanding of Debain, but don’t dive deep into it often so it tends to slip from my memory.

I know this could be alot to ask for, I couldn’t piece it together through topics already discussed & think creating a thread about a total reset could be useful.

++
paul

To start from you need to follow our main wiki at Home · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub

Depending on the device you need a specific image.

For Syncloud H you need to write two images one for SD card another for internal SSD disk: Boot from SATA · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub

If phone discovery/activation does not work for you try this: Device activation · syncloud/platform Wiki · GitHub

If i was to go for a fresh install should I deactivate the device from the syncloud.it site first ?

Can be done either way, if you own it activation can reuse it. If you want to cleanup login to syncloud.it and remove unused domain names.

I have a basic understanding of Debain, but don’t dive deep into it often so it tends to slip from my memory.

You do not need any debian or any other linux understanding, just write images using Etcher on a PC and then insert them into device and boot.
The rest is on the web or phone.