Rocketchat update

HelloHello
is it possible to make an update for rocketchat?
thank you very much.
Best
raud3rs
PS
I get emails like this:
Hi raud3rs,

Thank you for the trust you’ve put in Rocket.Chat. We are very happy that you’re operating an active Community Edition workspace.

As you probably know, the core team invests heavily in proactively researching potential [security vulnerabilities] and we regularly apply updates to address any potential exploits so that our workspace owners’ data is always kept private and safe. I’m writing to highlight the importance of applying these critical updates and operating on a current version of Rocket.Chat.

We recommend that you update your workspace to the latest version (6.1.6 as of today) and then stay up to date as we launch new versions.

We take data privacy and security for all Rocket.Chat workspaces very seriously which is why I’m reaching out directly. I also think that Rocket.Chat 6 is the best version of the platform that we’ve ever launched so I hope that you’ll update your workspace soon and provide feedback - Click here to learn more.

Thank you for being a valued Rocket.Chat administrator and advocate within your organization, I look forward to continuing to support your journey with us.

Kind regards,

Gabriel Engel

Founder & CE

Do you want to give it a go?

Take version from here Releases · RocketChat/Rocket.Chat · GitHub

Put here: rocketchat/.drone.jsonnet at master · syncloud/rocketchat · GitHub

Create a pull request on github, all can be done on the web.

Pull request will trigger a build on our side and run all needed tests so we can see if it is good to be pushed to the store. Even if not we take it from there.

Hello Boris
I will try to learn that. give me a few days

Hi Boris we are currently not allowed (I think) to push directly to your master branch or open PRs to it please checkout the changes we pushed on the fork of your rocketchat integration. We additionally opened a PR to your master branch out from the fork.
Cheers, Raud3rs

Hi Boris
yes I read about the bad news and thank you to motivate rocket chat to do something.
Good news we have matrix…
Thank you
best
rudy

Do you have arm or intel/amd?
Looks like RC with their javascript/mongo on server side are not going in the right direction :slight_smile:

Mattermost for example with go/postgres would cover all architectures easily (GitHub - mattermost/mattermost: Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle..) but yes matrix is already there, too many options :slight_smile: