How to set up Nextcloud Office? (AKA Collabora Office)

Title, essentially. I’m very new to Linux and and trying to keep things simple while I learn, but I can’t figure out how to make Nextcloud Office work, which is the main reason I got Syncloud in the first place. I’m using an ODROID-HC4.

My issue is that in the Nextcloud settings, it tells me that Nextcloud Office is not properly configured.

Could not establish connection to the Collabora Online server. This might be due to a missing configuration of your web server. For more information, please visit: Connecting Collabora Online Single Click with Nginx

I have Collabora (the code part) installed as an app on Nextcloud. However, I don’t understand how I’m supposed to change the value as suggested in the linked discussion. I’ve really tried to figure it out with plenty of web searching and doc reading, but I haven’t been able to yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

…I literally only had this idea as I was typing up this post, so I went and tried it, and it worked. I’ll elaborate for anyone else who has this problem.

I re-read the syncloud wiki page on Collabora here and it turned out my ADHD brain missed an entire bit. You’re supposed to set it as using your own server in the Nextcloud admin settings! I feel so dumb haha. Ah well, it’s fixed now.

1 Like