I am looking at buying a syncloud device to replace my current cloud-hosted servers. I am looking at a device for the following:
- A wordpress site;
- A nextcloud instance;
- In the future? Maybe more, depending on how my Syncloud experience goes.
I would want to use my own, already-in-use custom domains (a different one for each), so I would need to buy Syncloud premium.
My idea is that I want to set it and forget about it without dealing with manual security updates, etc.
I have a few questions going into this:
- What is the difference between the Syncloud H4 and the Syncloud N? They seem to have similar prices and few specs listed, but there’s a massive price difference between the two;
- If I have an external hard drive, is it possible to connect this and use it as the primary storage? That way, I can upgrade easily in the future;
- Can one machine generally handle Syncloud, Wordpress, and Nextcloud, or would I want to have 2 separate devices? Also, would wanting 2 different domains (one for the blog, one for my cloud) change this in any way?
- Do you ship to/support the US? It seems you’re UK based, so just checking.
- Anything else I should know before making a purchase?
- How hard would it be to import my already-existing data? I don’t want to have to configure all of my Wordpress and Nextcloud plugins again